Covid-19, Revised Policies
In response to the Coronavirus epidemic in the UK, we have adjusted our cancellation policy to reflect the need for a more flexible approach for guests who booked before 1st March. It is considered that, any reservation made after the 1st March was made with full knowledge of the pandemic and therefore non refundable bookings made after this time will not be refunded. As always, but especially under these circumstances, we would recommend that a comprehensive travel insurance policy is taken out to indemnify against forced changes to travel plans.
Flex rates (CV-19 policy)
Guests who have booked on a flexible rate enjoy the benefit of being able to cancel the day prior to arrival (with some rate plans, this is 48 hours). It is considered that this is sufficient time to be aware of any Covid-19 developments and in these cases the normal cancellation policy applies
Non-cancellable rates (CV-19 policy)
If a guest has booked a non-cancellable, non-transferable rate they would not normally be allowed to cancel or alter their booking in any way. Under the circumstances, we will allow guests to postpone their trip to a later date, up to twelve months later than their original arrival date. The following conditions apply:
1. The new reservation must be made at the time of cancelling the original reservation. Your deposit will be retained and assigned to the new reservation.
2. Please be aware that there may be different rates for your new stay. The original amount paid by you will be used to pay for the new reservation, but there may be an additional fee if the rates are more expensive.
3. The original reservation must have been made before 1st March 2020. It is considered that, after that time enough was known about the virus and its likely spread that any guest making a booking was fully aware of the likelihood of needing to have to cancel.
Group Rates (CV-19 policy)
Due the nature of this type of booking, it is not possible to make any refunds for group bookings.
- All prices are inclusive of VAT.
- All prices shown are applicable at the time of booking and are not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- Single occupancy prices are based on one person per room.
- Double room prices are based on two people sharing a room.
- Check-in is from 3.00 pm until 10.00 pm.
- Check-out is by 11.00 am, except by prior arrangement. Late check-outs may be subject to an additional charge.
- We regret that we are unable to accept pets.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere within the hotel.
- There may be a two-night minimum stay at weekends, please enquire.
For standard bookings, a debit or credit card will be taken and stored to secure your reservation, no charges will be made in advance. These types of bookings must be cancelled by 4 pm on day prior to arrival. If the hotel is unable to re-let the room at the same rate, a charge will be made for the total cost of the booking whether on a room only, bed and breakfast or dinner, bed and breakfast basis. Where a booking is made via an agent and commission on that booking is due, the full price agreed with the agent at the time of booking will be charged.
Bookings made on an advance purchase rate will also require a debit or credit card however full pre-payment is taken at the time of booking. This type of booking is non-refundable and non-transferable.
No charge is made for the cancellation of a restaurant booking except in the case of large parties, Christmas party bookings, Christmas Day bookings, New Year’s Eve Bookings and any other bookings where a deposit has been taken. In these instances only, the deposit given will be forfeited but no further charge will be made.
Group bookings (of four or more rooms) are subject to a twenty-eight day cancellation policy; the hotel must be notified of any cancellations, in writing, at least twenty-eight days before the day of check-in. If the hotel is notified after this time, a charge will be made for the full amount of the booking, whether on a room only, bed and breakfast or dinner, bed and breakfast basis.
In the case of a reduction to a group booking – where some of the rooms are cancelled and/or the number of nights are reduced – the hotel will accept a reduction of 20% from the total agreed cost without making any further charges, however any reduction in excess of 20% will be charged at the full rate whether on a room only, bed and breakfast or dinner, bed and breakfast basis.
Any cancellations made after 12 pm on the day prior to arrival will be charged in full.
Guests’ liability for their account is not waived and guests agree to be held personally liable in the event that any indicated person, group, company or association fails to pay all or part of any charges incurred.